It is fall! Yeah! When you live in the desert, that means it is finally time to drive over an hour to pick apples, pumpkins, and berries at Riley's Farm in Oak Glen. People greet you in authentic revolutionary war outfits and point you to the privies when you need to go pee. The fresh apple pie and dumplings are delicious, but they sell out quickly and you do not want to get the day old stuff. So disappointing. You can press your own cider if the cider press isn't broken. Mostly, it's a place for great fall looking pictures in a non-fall looking part of California. So we bundled everyone up and drove to Oak Glen last Saturday. It was raining. Bummer. But that didn't stop J from getting apples, a pumpkin, and plenty of pictures. Here are a few of my favorites. Despite the cold, it was a fun trip. Made me miss Connecticut a little. Makes me a little envious of you lucky few who are seeing the fall leaves turn and picking your own apples and pumpkins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like fun. I didn't know that anywhere around you was the slightest bit cold.
I've never been to Oak Glen. I have no idea where it is. It looks beautiful.
Okay....that is HILARIOUS!!! You guys get all bundled up to make it LOOK like it's cold, even though you're in SoCal? Although it's somewhat pathetic, I must admit, it does make for good picture taking! :-) Anytime you want to visit the cold, you know where to find it....and I have LOTS of extra room!
Post a Comment