Tuesday, September 30, 2008

(post) Bridal Shower






Last weekend, a few friends and I hosted a bridal shower for our dear friend, Jennifer. This was an unusual shower because it is almost 2 months after she got married.  But our philosophy is that every bride deserves a party in her honor regardless of how early or late that may be.  So this shower was a travel theme because Jennifer - along with the rest of us - loves to travel.  In fact, Melissa and I knew of the legendary Jennifer long before we ever met her because when we first moved to the PB Ward, we heard about a gazillion times, "Jennifer's in Paris", "Jennifer's back from Paris", "Have you seen Jennifer since she went to Paris"..... Paris, Paris, Paris.  

Anyway, that was 9 years ago and we have all been many places since.  So the theme was travel and each guest was asked to select a country that would be represented in their gift.  I selected Egypt and gave her Egyptian Cotton 400 thread count sheet set.  Nice, I know.  (HINT: when I get married, I really like new sheets!)  It was great fun and I think all the girls were amazingly creative with their countries/gifts.  So here are a few pictures of our shower.  But first I want to say congratulations to the new couple.  I really am happy for them and wish them all the best in this world.  I look back on that time in my life with tremendous joy.  It was a very special time with a very special group of friends.  I am so glad they allowed us new girls to be part of them.


5 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

You always throw the best parties. Miss you tons!

Melissa said...

boo hoo wish i could have been there. Looks like fun was had by all. I second what jess said!!

Sione Jr said...

Mental note to self -- "Remind Melissa to buy sheets for Becky Jean's bridal shower... when that day comes." Love ya!

Darci Jean the Dancing Queen Jr. said...

I second what Melissa said..."Boo-hoo....wish I could have been there". Luckily I got the 411 from Heather and it sounds like it was a HUGE success! I sure miss hanging out with you guys in the hot tub at my condo and then going to bed while everyone else is still hanging out at my house....yeah, good times. I think those times are what I miss most about SD. Glad all went well.....great theme Beck! Love it!

The Carlisle's said...

You are trying on your photo styling. I am so proud of you! THey look great. I love the burgandy cart with the pumpkins.