I am finally home from a week-long trip to Texas with Melissa, Verlyn, and little Ms. LaRee. They have officially moved to TX now and I helped them make the drive from San Diego last week. We left Monday night and drove to Yuma. Tuesday we drove all the way past El Paso to a VERY small town in west Texas (with very scary motel rooms). We made good time on Wednesday getting to Euless in time for dinner (or supper if you are from Wisconsin). Here are a few of my favorite pics from the road:
This is my diet coke "beer" (looks like the silver bullet can). I had never seen the tall can before and I got waaaaaay too excited about it. So I enjoyed my snacks. Melissa, on the other hand, was disappointed in her blizzard. Chocolate ice cream with snickers when she thought it would be vanilla. Oh well... I guess she'll just have to go back to DQ for another one!


LaRee was mostly great on the trip. Although she was cutting a couple fangs, so there were miserable moments for her. We found that it's always easier to calm a troubled child with food! Donuts and cheetos did the trick! I love that little girl. ;-)
It was a bittersweet trip for me because I am so happy for them and, yet, I will miss them more than they know. Melissa and I have known each other for almost 15 years and I have grown very attached to all of them (you, too, Junior). They are family to me and it is always difficult to say goodbye to family, yet I want all the goodness and happiness and love the universe can give them. I know this is a good move for them and they will settle in to a wonderful life for LaRee and future Latus. But I left with a very heavy heart not knowing when I will see them again. I couldn't even bring myself to see the little one in her crib that morning.
The good news is that I like to travel, Junior works for an airline and Texas ain't that far away. So I send big hugs and kisses to Euless until I see you again!! I love you!


8 comments:
Don't know why but you made me miss them too. And I have not seen them for a while now. Guess it is time for a visit with me. By the way you are one of the best aunts in the world. Thank you for remembering all their birthdays it really means alot.
They are very lucky to have such love and well wishes follow them. You are a valued devoted friend to all youre "peeps". I am glad you made it home safe and sound. I know all to well how hard it is to watch our friends move on to other chapters of their lives.
I bet that was an awesome and fun roadtrip...I should have gone just for the fun of it!! :) Cute pics...you guys are such cute friends!
Don't worry, in addition to your numerous airline connections, you have a sister who is always up for a road trip. A sister who loves all things western, no less. How can I train my boys to love riding in the car with their Momma and Auntie singing Journey in loud and off key voices? Some people want their kids to go to Harvard, others will accept a love of road trips.
Okay, so your post made me cry! I was thinking about when we all moved into that house in Hillcrest all those years ago and what has happened in all of our lives since that point. Did you know that house isn't even there anymore?!?! Anyway, you and Lissy-Lou will be friends forever.....wherever you are. And by the way, I'm ALWAYS up for a road trip and I'd love to sing backup to you and Julie belting out some Journey! Yeah! Good times! And....I've never been to Texas!
P.S. That Diet Coke can is the coolest thing EVER!
I like your diet coke bottle--I guess everything IS bigger in Texas. I hope it's ok I took the liberty of visiting your blog off of Melissa's. Your welcome to pop in on mine at www.edstoms.blogspot.com--I'm so jelious you were able to spend time with wissa and the girl and I'm super glad you were able to keep her company.
We miss you!! Thank you so much for taking the time for yet another road trip. After all of that worrying that we wouldn't have enough music for the trip and then we end up listening to what, one Cd? Thanks for being a great listening ear and such a fun story teller. LOVE YOU REEV!!
I'm sure that was great fun even if it was having to let go. Parting is such sweet sorrow.
Post a Comment