Friday, April 18, 2008

Exam update

Due to officially having strep throat and then a not so fun reaction to the antibiotics, I have blown past the 3pm deadline.  Technically, I have until 9am tomorrow morning to be within the exam rules, so all three professors said I could email my papers to them since I don't have a key to the department office anymore.  They even graciously offered to give me until the end of Saturday.  I have emailed one paper already and hope to finish the second by morning.  Then I will need the extra time for only the third, which makes me feel not so much like I'm cheating.  


I also found out that this isn't necessarily an all-or-nothing thing.  I can pass or fail the individual subjects separately from each other.  That means I only need to retake an exam for the subjects I don't pass rather than doing all three over again.  I certainly don't intend to fail any, but it is a nice comfort to me in this moment.  

I am off to the store to get some dinner and toilet paper.  I am down to 1/2 roll and with these side effects of amoxicillin, that is not gonna do it..... eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww............

4 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Becky, you poor thing. I wish there was something I could do to help. If you were here I would make you some soup. Cause that is what I do, nurture with food.

Melissa said...

Nice Jess, now I feel obligated to make Becky Jean Soup! Just kidden - I also nurture with food, but more along the lines of.. What to go get See's chocolate? or come on over for a big bowl of Ice Cream and a little magic shell,now,now - don't you feel better!

Becky Jean said...

yuuuuuum...... magic shell. I like the way you both nurture! No wonder I'm soooo skinny. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That's the pits. I hope you are feeling better soon. L- is going through a similar expreinece, but the "side effects" seem to have eased up on the third day. I nurtured him with water and plain toast. He was thrilled.-Em