Saturday, May 24, 2008

Graduation Day

Last night was graduation and it was great.  My whole family was here along with aunt betty, and the Latu/Berg family.  The ceremony was fairly short - only one speech and a few awards. It sure was nice to walk across the stage and get my fake award (it's only fake until they send me the real one!).  I can't believe it really is all over.  I can't believe that it has been three years already.  I can't believe that I really have a Master's degree now.  I think the hardest part was doing all of this without my dad who is the one that always wanted me to go back to school.  He's been gone for over 4 years now, but this is the first big event of my life without him and it was emotional for me.  But I do believe that he was there in some capacity and I know he is proud of me.  I am grateful to have family and friends that drive through rain and traffic for hours to sit in uncomfortable stadium seats for waaaay too long only to cheer for 30 seconds as they call my name.  And I am grateful for family and friends that support and encourage me long distance.  I felt all your love and well wishes.  I could not have been happier last night.  

4 comments:

Pyatt said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!!! Graduating is a little like coming home from your mission...you feel so happy to be finished but you also feel a little lost and like "what's next?" Anyway--can't wait for girls night out in June!! You need to post some graduation pics!!!

Organized Chaos said...

So proud of you. Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Good job, girl. I want to see some pictures. -Em

Melissa said...

YEA BECKY!!!!! YOU ROCK MS. MASTERS DEGREE