So here I am at 1:28 AM (Friday/Saturday) in the library trying to finish reading and grading. Guess what...... I'm tired. Now I am writing to stay awake and soon I will bust open the box of Milk Duds. (yum) The thing is, I got nothing done today because the prof that I TA for wanted to come to my class today for evaluation, so I was busy all morning preparing for that. Normally, I totally wing it in class but I thought I should be prepared today. It went pretty well until I brought up the whole China/Tibet/Olympics thing before I realized I have very, very little knowledge of the China/Tibet thing. Soon I looked stupid and said some things that made the prof cringe. Oh well. We can't all be genuises. Besides, I have learned that the students don't really listen anyway.
After class I got obsessed with why my TV suddenly had no sound a few days ago. This makes no sense, I thought. I have picture, but no sound. So I am ashamed to admit that I wasted hours figuring out that problem because it was driving me absolutely bonkers. I did fix it, but I am not really sure how. All I know is that I was able to watch GH and that made me happy.
So, with nothing productive done today (unless you count the TV thing), I decided that I needed to get to the library. I have only a few days left to study/read/prepare and I am very behind in all that. The problem at 1:36 AM is that now I need to stay through the night because I promised my mother that I won't walk across campus this late by myself. I think the sun comes up around 5ish...... only 3-1/2 hours to go.........
*UPDATE* It is now 2:31 AM and a guy just walked in with his pillow, a loaf of white bread, and books. He is definitely here for the long haul. This is a fascinating place after midnight!!!! Only 2-1/2 hours to go now, but I am almost out of Milk Duds......
**2ND UPDATE** It is now 3:35 AM, I have consumed my box of Milk Duds and now my stomach doesn't feel too good. But I have finished grading and I have read (sort of) 2 books. I only have 2 more with me, so I will try to get through those in the last 1-1/2 hours. By the way, dude with pillow is still awake....... for now........
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Late Night at the Library
***FINAL UPDATE*** I couldn't take it anymore even though I did not get through my last 2 books. I left a 1/2 hour earlier than planned and now I am home. It is 4:46 AM and I am going to bed! yeah! I think I will sleep in........
Posted by Becky Jean at 1:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Count the tv thing. Definitely count the tv thing. And, the pillow and white bread are a good idea. Keep that in mind for next time.
I can't even imagine that life again. I can't even stay up past midnight without being extremely grouchy the next day. You must continue to be 21 that is the only explanation.
Post a Comment