YIPPEE! I successfully completed my Arabic proficiency exam this morning. Well... I should hold off on the "successfully" part until it gets graded, but I feel quite good about it. There was a 20-30 minute oral portion where I stumbled on a few words but at least I understand everything the professor was saying to me. Then I had a written portion with some reading comprehension/answering questions, some grammar parts, vocabulary where they give me the word and I put it into sentences, and then 4 paragraphs about myself. That was pretty easy - I am good at talking about myself.
So now I am totally focused on the MA comp exams coming up in 3 weeks. It feels good to have this hurdle over. I even feel like I can speak some Arabic!! Woohoo!! In the meantime, Spring Break is next week and I am going to mom's house in Indio and then up to LA because Julie is having her baby on the 4th.
4 comments:
Reev, That is so great! I am way proud of you and quite impressed. The thought of learning another language seems like a close to impossible thing to do. Amazing! My hat goes off to you.
Congratulations. Sorry I am going to miss you. It would have been fun. Take good care of my husband.
Jess
Congratulations.-Em
Oh, I couldn't remember my password, so I thought I would try using this method to comment. It worked!! Sorry. I know I'm a dork. -Em
Post a Comment