Thursday, June 18, 2009

FAMILY FUN TIME

I have nothing particularly newsworthy to report, just an update on the past 2 weeks with all the family.  And I mean ALL.  Jennie and the kids were here for a full 2 weeks!  We honestly tried to remember the last time they were here that long and realized that it has been more than 5 years.  So, this was a real treat.  We started with a 2-day excursion to Disneyland which was hilarious.  I chose a few of my favorite pictures.  If I had a scanner, I would be able to include the entire family photo we took with the official D-land photographer who talked like Donald Duck the entire time.  It was so disturbing that we couldn't stop laughing.  Even Nicholas has a funny look on his face.  Maybe someday I'll get a scanner........







As an explanation, the picture of Matt looking like he is on the phone is actually a great picture of him making fun of his sister who did spend almost the entire day on the phone calling or texting everyone she knows!  The picture with the 3-D glasses is from the new Toy Story ride which was.... AWESOME!   We loved it and it's a good thing because it was a 70 minute wait.  We also loved the Jungle Cruise (same great jokes year after year), Autopia (Nathaniel's favorite because he could "drive") and, my favorite, Tower of Terror!  

After Disneyland, Jennie and I came back to Indio so I could work the last few days of school while mom and the kids stayed in LA with Julie and did fun stuff there.  They all drove out the following weekend and we had about a week here of shopping, movies, and the ultimate summer fun..... slip 'n slide!!!!!!  We had stupid fun for hours as you can see. :-)





Everyone's gone home now and the heat has officially arrived here in the desert.  Ugh.  School is out, so I am spending most of my time looking for a job for next year and planning my high school 20th reunion.  Oh, and a trip to Hawaii in 3 weeks.  Yes, mom and Jennie and the kids and I are going to Maui for a family wedding.  So I suppose my next update will be when we get home.... unless something spectacular happens in the meantime.  But considering the fact that it's too hot to leave the house, I don't imagine much will happen.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures. They are just so full of fun.

Melissa said...

wow, I am totally a new fan of the slip and slide - It looks like so much fun!! Disneyland...aaawwwww! I miss it. You got some super fun pix. Could you maybe borrow a neighbors scanner, I really need to see that other picture!!